How can my gift make an impact on the Maya community?
While over 10 to 15 million Maya people are living in Maya Territories ーand millions displaced elsewhere including, the United States ー we are still invisible to many. Yet, we are still here.
Photo: Maya youth dance at the 2022 Indigenous Peoples Summit in Omaha, Neb.
Every day, Comunidad Maya Pixan Ixim (or, "CMPI") helps Maya people access their basic human rights through our programming in the areas of human rights, medical/health care, education, arts & culture, and regenerative agriculture.
All gifts through this page shall be unrestricted and allocated by the organization for the areas of greatest need as gifts are received. Monthly gifts are preferred, but you may select "One-Time" in the "Frequency" line in the form above.
However, here are some examples of how your gift can make an impact on the Maya community:
- Your gift of $50 can help us purchase garden tools and equipment to fuel the life-giving agricultural work of the Maya Regeneration Project.
- Your gift of $100 can help us equip adult members of the Maya community with the skills they need to find employment through our Maya Education Initiative.
- Your gift of $250 can help us sustain our Maya Arts and Culture Initiative, which seeks to heal historical trauma and revive the Maya civilization through the arts.
- Your gift of $500 can help us provide holistic services for Maya and Indigenous migrants through our Maya and Indigenous Human Rights Initiative.
- Your gift of $1,000 can help us engage in civic and governmental matters in the United States and in Maya Territories, examples of which can be seen here.
- Your gift of $2,500 can provide essential support to our innovative events and gatherings, such as the Indigenous Peoples Summit.
- Your gift of $5,000 can help us continue to grow and expand our work through the hiring and retention of talented, hardworking, passionate individuals who are committed to reinforcing our roots and living our Maya heritage!
To improve the health and well-being of Maya people through community development strategies in Omaha, Nebraska, the United States, and Q’anjob’al Maya territory consistent with the Q’anjob’al Maya system of social organization and the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
We envision that the Maya Community in Nebraska, the United States, and Q’anjob’al Maya Territory will be prosperous and contribute to the cultural, economic, and social prosperity of our shared world.
View our 2021 Annual Report HERE
Thank you for your support of Comunidad Maya Pixan Ixim!
YUJ WAL TIOX, WADO, THANK YOU!!!